Home page | Current Openings | Controls Engineer
Job Title: Controls Engineer (Job # 6622) | Apply Now
Job Description: SUMMARY
This person is a software programmer and control system designer, experienced in multiple software platforms. Experience with various hardware devices (motion controllers, vision systems, I/O systems, complex transmitters and field devices typically found on automated machinery) and the techniques required for interface, communication, and control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand mechanical and software requirements for control systems.
• Design machine control systems using CAD software that allow for effective control system implementation.
• Generate electrical and pneumatic diagrams.
• Must have intimate knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical. Other Cad packages a plus.
• Must have basic knowledge of the relationship of parts in an assembly
• Must be able to understand mechanical and software needs and integrate those needs into electrical designs.
• Must have applicable knowledge of the UL, NEC, NFPA, and CE code.
• Must have intimate knowledge of MS Windows operating system.
• Must have intimate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel.
• Must have strong programming skills.
• Must have knowledge and experience with multiple HMI programming software packages (i.e. PanelMate, PanelView, GE Cimplicity, Wonderware, etc).
• Must have database management experience with MS Access and SQL Server.
• Must have some VB and C+ programming skills and develop as required.
• Must have Labview programming skills or develop as required.
• Must have familiarity and knowledge of vision systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A minimum of 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience and 5 years experience.
Apply Now | Back to Job Listings
All Job Openings
View Enginerring Jobs (9)
View Design/Drafting Jobs (2)
View Manufacturing Jobs (7)
View Computer Support Jobs (1)
View Professional/Management Jobs (2)