Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• DIRECT HIRE or Contract to Direct Hire
The Contractor shall be responsible for work requirements and all work in progress at the start of the performance period.
• The Contractor shall be responsible for work requirements in support of emergencies and contingencies in time of crisis outside normal duty hours. It is the responsibility of the contractor to recruit, retain, and retrain its employees and ensure that all employees performing under this contract read, write, speak, and understand English at a technical level and proficiency adequate to nature of the tasks assigned. All contractor project management personnel shall utilize Hill CEDC GPM approved Agile Project Management methodologies.
• The Contractor Program Manager (CPM) provides oversight in the management of all Quality Assurance activities related to the performance of this Task Order, to include compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.246-6 Inspection of Time and Material and Labor Hour (b) The Contractor shall provide and maintain an inspection system acceptable to the Government covering the material, fabricating methods, work and services under this task order. Complete records of all inspection work performed by the Contractor shall be maintained and made available to the Government during contract performance and for as long afterwards as the contract requires.
• The contractor shall provide a Project Management Plan (PMP), to include a Contract work breakout structure (CWBS).
• The contractor shall provide an Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
• The contractor shall support the Business Office with the creation, maintenance and sustainment of annual budgets and spend plans related to the Hill CEDC Program, and its hosted customer programs/systems for projected services to be rendered in the performance of this SOW and all commodities in support of the Hill CEDC and its hosted systems.
• The contractor shall propose requirements to the Hill CEDC Program Leads for consideration and incorporation into finalized budgets, spend plans and Data Center Optimization Requirements (DCOR) as necessary to execute a 50M+ Program of Programs.
• The contractor shall support a limited Service Desk for the Hill CEDC and its customer programs. The Service Desk shall triage incident and work order tickets for classification and priority
• The CPM shall provide oversight to all core IT professional support services for the Hill CEDC’s Configuration and Document Management (CM/DM)
• Additionally, the CPM supports the Business Office professional IT related services for HW/SW/MX and services projections for all “enterprise and hosted IS” in onboarding, infrastructure, sustainment and cybersecurity requirements.
• The Contractor shall ensure the preparation of the Contracting Officer’s Management Report and Monthly Summary Reports.
Education, Certification & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT related field or equivalent professional experience
• Must possess Active Secret clearance
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION (only one required):
• SCRUM Master
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Contract Management Expertise
• Data Center Operations Knowledge
• Vendor Management Skills
• Legal and Compliance Understanding
• Financial and Budgeting Acumen
• Program and Project Management Skills
• Technical Understanding
• Risk Management
• Human Resources and Vendor Evaluation