Network Infrastructure SME
Location: Hill AFB, Utah (100% on site)
Absolute Minimum Requirements (please ask each of these to confirm):
(1) Active Secret Clearance
(2) CCNA (must be current)
(3) 10+ years experience in Network Infrastructure (SME level)
(4) Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT related field OR equivalent professional experience (10+ years)
(5) Must live in or be willing to relocate to the Hill AFB area
(6) Must be willing to be onsite 100% of the time
(7) Cloud Models, Technologies, Migration, and Security
(8) Data Center Operations Knowledge
(9) MUST be VERY technical or “a geek” about Security
Our client is looking for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) Network Infrastructure to support HILL COMPONENT ENTERPRISE DATA CENTER (CEDC) IT OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah (HAFB). Must possess certifications for network operating environments, Project Management and SCRUM methodologies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Contractor shall be responsible for work requirements and all work in progress at the start of the performance period.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for work requirements in support of emergencies and contingencies in time of crisis outside normal duty hours. It is the responsibility of the contractor to recruit, retain, and retrain its employees and ensure that all employees performing under this contract read, write, speak, and understand English at a technical level and proficiency adequate to nature of the tasks assigned.
- The SME Network Infrastructure provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- The contractor shall establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- The SME Network Infrastructure must possess domain and expert technical knowledge.
- The contractor shall direct and control activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- The SME Network Infrastructure’s interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- The contractor may be tasked to supervise others.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Data Center Operations Knowledge
- Vendor Management Skills
- Legal and Compliance Understanding
- Financial and Budgeting Acumen
- Program and Project Management Skills
- Technical Understanding
- Risk Management
- Human Resources and Vendor Evaluation
- Design Computer and Information Networks
- Implement Computer and Information Networks
- Design Network and Computer Security Measures
- Cloud Models, Technologies, Migration, and Security
- Project Management Methodologies/SCRUM
Education, Certification & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT related field or equivalent professional experience
- Must possess Active Secret
- CCNA or equivalent experience
- Position requires ten (10) or more years of experience in determining information technology effects on the organizational structure and determining the ability that IT can support/meet organizational goals.
Working Conditions/Working Environment/Physical Demands
- Basic office work environment at government facility location
- Hours of operation are M-F between 0600-1800
- Occasionally, project requirements may require temporary adjustment of work hours/days
- Duties are subject to change based on the needs of the customer