Home page | Current Openings | Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Job # 6425) | Apply Now
Job Description: DESCRIPTION:
This position requires skills and experience in automated machine design from concept to final product. It requires experience with multiple engineering disciplines including designing mechanical structures, motion systems and pneumatic control systems for automated mechanisms. The candidate shall be accountable for meeting customer's performance and schedule requirements, as well as internal design standards and cost goals.
* Customer interactions; design reviews, and supporting Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
* Ability to direct, coordinate and execute all phases of engineering projects including planning, organization, execution, integration and completion.
* Apply knowledge of engineering principles to design components, tooling interface and mechanisms.
* Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
* Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
* Periodic travel (less than 5%) to customer sites in the USA and abroad as required in project engineering duties
* Support assembly technicians to ensure that machines and equipment are assembled and functioning according to specifications.
* Maintain documentation associated with a product including engineering change notices, implementation of redlines, bills of material, detailed SOLIDWORKS models and associated component drawings, cost worksheets, and supplier correspondence files.
* Support internal groups (Sales, Production, Applications, and Customer Service) as required.
* Design of workstations, part fixturing, and part handling mechanisms to fit processes, and ergonomic requirements.
* Integration of lasers, and motion systems to process customer specific parts.
* Design pneumatic control systems to fixture, manipulate and control the processing if parts within a workstation.
* 3-8 years of Mechanical Design Engineering experience in machine design, automation, part handling, Laser for Medical Device, or Semiconductor Industry
* Experience with a 3D design tool, such as SOLIDWORKS or AutoCAD Inventor, FEM and CFD software.
* Strong working knowledge of and experience with motion control, opto-mechanical & automation systems.
* Ability to direct, coordinate and execute all phases including planning, organization, execution, integration and completion of engineering projects.
* Basic understanding of motors, motor amplifiers & feedback systems.
* Experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio).
Apply Now | Back to Job Listings
All Job Openings
View Enginerring Jobs (8)
View Design/Drafting Jobs (2)
View Manufacturing Jobs (25)
View Professional/Management Jobs (1)