Home page | Current Openings | Buyer
Job Title: Buyer (Job # 6614) | Apply Now
Job Description: Mechanical Buyer
Buying position pertaining to purchasing machined and fabricated parts per print, in addition to mechanical and electrical parts. Day to day responsibility relates to coordinating the purchasing of materials for the company systems build and service related requests, including the negotiation and management of supplier / vendor relationships.
1. Two years’ experience in a manufacturing industry purchasing / procurement environment.
2. Experience purchasing machined and/or fabricated parts per print.
3. Ability to research suppliers through industry knowledge and internet research.
4. Understanding of accounting and purchasing systems, Microsoft NAV preferred
5. Associates degree preferred.
6. Experience with Microsoft Navision preferred, but knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word is a must.
7. Maintain an effective liaison with vendors, management, staff and co-workers.
1. Review requisition worksheet on a daily basis, reconciling it to the actual needs of the production order
2. Solicit bids and negotiates for the purchase of supplies, equipment and services for all departments as necessary.
3. Groups purchases to secure price advantages of quantity buying
4. Work with operations team, communicating when the delivery
Apply Now | Back to Job Listings
All Job Openings
View Enginerring Jobs (10)
View Design/Drafting Jobs (2)
View Manufacturing Jobs (11)
View Computer Support Jobs (1)
View Professional/Management Jobs (1)