The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational functions, including all three organizational facilities. Oversee management of warehouse operations, inventory control and inventory management. Regularly and effectively communicates with all departments to ensure operational initiatives are being met.
SKILLS & DUTIES:
(Must include but not limited to.)
• Long-term planning to create initiatives that further the company’s overall goals.
• Increase the efficiency of existing operational processes and procedures to enhance the company’s internal capacity.
• Assess and analyze operational budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits.
• Manage multiple facilities, while meeting and exceeding initiatives. Identify areas of improvement for increased production and/or expense reduction.
• Track staffing requirements. Recruit, train employees in coordination with HR department.
• Manage warehouse operations in their day-to-day activities and duties involving receiving, storing, and shipping products. Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly initiatives are being met.
• Work closely with management team to ensure all operational functions within the firm are being properly executed to meet operational goals.
• Manage materials, inventory and inventory accuracy.
• Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
• Foster a “safety first” culture through awareness, training and accountability.
• Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in management, operations and leadership.
• Knowledge of business (ERP) software and aptitude for learning new applications.
• Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
• 5+ years experience in industrial distribution operations management.