Home page | Current Openings | HR Generalist
Job Title: HR Generalist (Job # 6698) | Apply Now
Job Description: The HR Generalist position will perform duties in a variety of Human Resource program areas including employee relations, benefits administration, training and development, workers compensation, affirmative action, HRIS administration and file maintenance.
* Represents the company as a visible, approachable and professional HR practitioner; fosters employee engagement and addresses questions and concerns from employees in regard to human resource programs and services, resolves questions and concerns or escalates issues to the next level of management for assisted resolution.
* Performs duties in the processing and monitoring of employee benefit programs. Coordinates annual benefit renewal meetings, communications and open enrollment process. Performs monthly invoice audit of carriers and authorizes payment. Answers employee questions concerning benefits; refers to various resources for information as needed. Maintain records for 401K plan and assist in annual audits. Working with outside administrative services, maintains accurate records for COBRA and Flex Plan. Maintains current and accurate employee census information.
* Coordinates new employee on-boarding process with Managers. Conducts new employee orientation to explain benefits and the completion of all required new hire documentation. Verifies completeness of all documentation and process in accordance with established procedures. Enrolls new employees in benefit programs through provider portals. Sets up files on new personnel, provide I.D. badges, updates and maintains all employee status changes in Paycom payroll system providing applicable information to Accounting for processing.
* Maintains company training records.
* Maintains records for Affirmative Action Plan compliance and assists in the annual review and update to plan.
* Administers FMLA notifications and maintain FMLA records. Processes short term disability claims and provides payment information to payroll. Coordinates the transition from short term disability to long term disability as needed.
* Maintains employee personnel files. Verifies employment and medical insurance for employees.
* Prepares bi-monthly reports; employee listing, census report, HR metrics.
* Provides backup coverage and relief for the Receptionist as needed.
* Makes arrangements for internal and external meetings and conferences. Assists with the planning and coordinating of company sponsored activities such as luncheons, picnics, etc.
* Establishes and maintains a variety of documents and records in appropriate files.
* Updates monthly metrics for staff.
* Performs clerical functions such as letters, memos, posting and distributing information. Performs research as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree in appropriate field or equivalent work experience plus a minimum of 3 years of related experience. Experience in interpreting and applying department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations and responding to and resolving employee questions and concerns. Experience in a manufacturing industry is preferred. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with exceptional attention to detail. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands. Ability to handle administrative duties with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality. Effective oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships and establish strong interpersonal connections at all levels of the organization; conduct business internally and externally with professionalism, tact and respect; and establish rapport and trust at all levels within the organization.
Apply Now | Back to Job Listings
All Job Openings
View Enginerring Jobs (1)
View Manufacturing Jobs (13)
View Computer Support Jobs (1)
View Professional/Management Jobs (2)