Home page | Current Openings | Quality Technician
Job Title: Quality Technician (Job # 6788) | Apply Now
Job Description: 1.) SUMMARY:
The Quality Inspector is a team member who is authorized, responsible and accountable for maintaining quality standards by means of performing and documenting visual and dimensional inspections of manufactured product using suitable measurement and inspection equipment.
Under general supervision, responsibilities may include, and not limited to:
* Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of quality assurance practices to develop, maintain and improve overall quality system processes.
* Plans, performs and documents receiving, in-process, final and first article inspections to customer designs, specifications and contractual requirements at various stages of manufacturing and assembly process.
* Performs visual and dimensional measurements utilizing measurement and inspection equipment for product acceptance that includes, and not limited to:
- Hand-held or fixture-held equipment including: calipers (analog, digital, vernier), micrometers, scales, height gauges, ring gauges, pin gauges and plug gauges.
- Computer / software assisted: coordinate measuring machine, articulating arm, vision measuring machine and temperature and humidity recorder.
* Accurately records inspection and measurement results and completes all required documentation.
* Performs review of inspection and measurement results for compliance and takes appropriate actions when a discrepancy is identified.
* Ensures measurement and inspection equipment integrity by means of correct usage, safe handling, proper storage and reporting of compromised equipment.
* Interfaces directly with customers, suppliers and company stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met and issue resolved when needed.
* Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Working knowledge and experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing principals, inspection methodologies and inspection measurement equipment. Coordinate measuring machine inspection and programming preferred.
* Detail orientated, strong analytical skills and ability to organize, prioritize, and plan work to meet deadlines.
* Ability to create and effectively implement positive solutions to resolve daily challenges and complex problems.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient verbal and listening abilities with a diverse work team, customers and coworkers.
* Must have the ability to effectively present information, respond and follow-up on questions and inquiries from clients, other managers and subordinates. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Proficient at using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and Outlook. JobBoss experience preferred.
+++CMM (PROGRAMMING) EXPERIENCE IS A MAJOR PLUS; OR A WILLINGNESS TO LEARN IT+++
Apply Now | Back to Job Listings
All Job Openings
View Enginerring Jobs (1)
View Manufacturing Jobs (13)
View Computer Support Jobs (1)
View Professional/Management Jobs (2)