Home page | Current Openings | Desktop Support
Job Title: Desktop Support (Job # 6545) | Apply Now
Job Description: 3-5 Years Experience in the Following:
1. Provide hands-on and remote-controlled workstation support services; provide expertise on support services when requested by peers and clients.
2. May be required to create software images; lead/participate in Hardware & Software deployments;
3. Hardware and Software procurement and disposal; management of print server queues and network printers.
4. Responsible for all work in progresses assigned to ensure completion of tasks and proper communications with clients.
5. Ability to determine source of hardware and software problems, troubleshoot and provide appropriate solutions.
6. Install, modify and repair computer software and hardware.
1. Must enjoy solving a wide variety of problems on a continual basis. Skills and experiences with the use of technology in a business environment, including exposure to Help Desk Support, data communications/networks, and application environments (desktop).
2. Experience with customer service functions such as workstation support; demonstrated exceptional organizational skills;
3. Familiarity with DOS/Windows and Microsoft Office 365 application software; ability to ascertain the criticality of incoming requests;
4. Fundamental understanding of word processing, spreadsheet and terminal emulation products to properly diagnose problems.
5. Ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language; understanding of computer terms and acronyms; ability to learn new processes and procedures.
1. Associates Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and at least two, typically four years' experience in computer support.
2. Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
4. Additional Requirements: Customer facing role, must have strong/proven customer service and technical skills.
5. Must build and maintain positive and productive relationships with peers and customers.
6. Can-do attitude: Must be analytical and organized with strong troubleshooting, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
7. Excellent numerical, abstract and verbal reasoning skills
8. Ability to use own initiative and operate under a minimum of supervision for internal effectiveness.
Apply Now | Back to Job Listings
All Job Openings
View Enginerring Jobs (6)
View Design/Drafting Jobs (1)
View Manufacturing Jobs (15)
View Computer Support Jobs (1)
View Professional/Management Jobs (1)