Home page | Current Openings | Calibration Technician
Job Title: Calibration Technician (Job # 6693) | Apply Now
Job Description: JOB SUMMARY
In compliance with the Company and external regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures, performs and maintains measurement of all company calibration needs and requirements including scheduling outside services when required. Using visual tools and mechanical measuring devices will perform receiving, and MRO inspection activities on all received parts and floor stock items when necessary.
* Manages calibration scheduling, reporting, outsourcing, calibration certificate records, and database.
* Track and control all gauging equipment and QC lab inspection equipment. Review and update computer system and/or documentation for proper record keeping and tracking of equipment and tools to maintain calibration status and other relevant information.
* Maintains the calibration requirements for the FAA repair lab.
* Assigns gauge IDs and enters new gauge equipment into the calibration system.
* Calibrates measurement devices, tooling, and fixtures.
* Actively participates in the internal auditing system as an auditor.
* Assists in the preparation and completion of third part audits for AS9100 and NADCAP.
* Reviews and keeps the applicable calibration work instructions current to the processes being performed.
* May create, maintain and train to new work instructions or other documentation.
* May perform receiving inspection of MRO items and the MSDS system.
* Validates corrective actions as requested. Completes Customer Audit Survey forms
Keep facilities, materials and work area clean and organized, exercising care in their use. Conforms to safety and inspection requirements. Actively seeks continuous process improvement. Performs other duties as required and may be utilized in other areas and departments as workload dictates. We are ISO 9001 and AS 9100 registered; all job duties are to be performed per the appropriate Quality Management System instructions.
* Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent plus 3 years minimum of related experience in a high reliability mechanical and electronic quality assurance related role
* Military/Aerospace manufacturing background preferred
* Certification to J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 preferred. Must be able to successfully complete Certified Trainer coursework for J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, and NASA 8739.
* Must be able to read, write and understand English
* High aptitude for written and oral communication required
* Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
* GageTrak and/or DISCUS experience preferred
* Team oriented with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to work under strict timelines to meet deadlines. Availability to work overtime as needed
* Visual exams are required pre-hire and biennial to confirm visual acuity of 20/20 in one eye with or without glasses along with passing a standard color vision exam. Must be able to perform job functions while using a scope. Work is performed primarily in a sitting position. Scheduled overtime may be required.
Apply Now | Back to Job Listings
All Job Openings
View Enginerring Jobs (6)
View Manufacturing Jobs (14)
View Professional/Management Jobs (1)