Home page | Current Openings | Inspector
Job Title: Inspector (Job # 6420) | Apply Now
Job Description: JOB SUMMARY
Inspects parts and components or production assemblies by electrical, visual and/or mechanical examination using naked eye, microscope, electrical test and/or mechanical measuring devices for conformance to specifications. Complete required inspection records. May assist Quality Engineers with completion of First Article Inspections and paperwork, returned goods disposition, and issuance of Corrective Action Requests.
1.) The Inspector examines parts and components or assemblies in production for conformance to established specifications. Uses blueprints, precision mechanical measuring devices, temperature sensing devices and electrical test equipment. Prepares and evaluates printed wiring board microsections.
2.) Performs all inspection functions proficiently using microscopes and mechanical devices such as; drop indicators, vernier calipers, micrometers, toolmakers microscopes, comparators, surface plates, height indicators, etc. Also performs electrical tests from inspection procedures, work instructions and/or blueprint requirements. Records inspection data on inspection document; generates inspection documents in accordance with departmental procedures; makes recommendations for corrective action. Demonstrates the ability to proficiently read internally generated and externally supplied blueprints.
3.) Works under general supervision, including direction from Quality Engineers as appropriate. Follows all ISO 9001 and AS 9100 work instructions and general department procedures. Keep facilities, materials, and work area clean and organized, exercising care in their use. Uses safety practices and takes prompt action to correct problems. Assists co-workers when necessary to meet work unit goals. Actively seeks continuous process improvement. May be required to train other employees and assist in orientation of new employees. Performs other duties as required and may be utilized in other areas and departments of manufacturing as workload may dictate.
* High School education or equivalent required.
* Electronics and mechanical vocational training desirable.
* A minimum of 2 years experience as an Inspector in an equivalent position with related product knowledge.
* Demonstrates the ability to make inspection decisions through the use of blueprints, inspection procedures and process sheets.
* Requirements include working knowledge of measurement tools and inspection equipment required to test electrical components.
* Proficiency in geometric tolerancing and statistical process control experience is a plus.
* Upon completion of initial orientation, expected to be self-directed and work effectively in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining positive working relationship with co-workers.
* Will be required to pass J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certification to be qualified to perform the job duties of Inspector. May require certification to IPC-A-600.
* Visual exams are required pre-hire and biennial to confirm visual acuity of 20/20 with or without glasses along with passing a standard color vision exam.
* Must be able to perform job functions while using a microscope.
* Work is performed primarily in a sitting position. Scheduled overtime may be required.
Apply Now | Back to Job Listings
All Job Openings
View Enginerring Jobs (8)
View Design/Drafting Jobs (2)
View Manufacturing Jobs (25)
View Professional/Management Jobs (1)